Unique Volunteer Opportunities Await You
Are you interested in furthering your career, building your network of professionals, strengthening your leadership skills, and developing critical career skills? The unique volunteer opportunities await you.
Perhaps one of the roles below can be incorporated into your personal development goals and allow you to demonstrate your value.
1. PM Summit: 19 February 2019
Theme: “Projectification of South Africa –Building capacity to lead and succeed.”
The Summit will encourage interactive participation and discussion from the point of pre-summit marketing and during the Summit itself. Marketing will also take the same approach, beginning pre-summit through website and social media channels.
The call for Summit presentation formats will include:
- keynote speakers (opening and closing; industry; public sector or NGO sector);
- individual presentations; expert panels; high profile interviews; lightning talks (TED type talks); World Café (facilitated rotating conversations around café tables on pre-determined topics (see: \Users\Lynn\Documents\PMI South Africa\PM Summit\PM SUMMIT 2019\program references\Cafe-To-Go-Revised.pdf);
- Topical workshops (short skill training or knowledge building; no commercial content).
The Summit will also include an Education and Training EXCO (exhibits and information booths) by tertiary training institutions in project management, including REPs. We will also seek sponsorships from private and public sectors.
The PM Summit is governed by a core planning committee. We are seeking volunteers to carry out key team roles as follows:
1.1. Marketing Team for PM Summit 2019
The team works under the direction of the PM Summit Marketing Manager and the Summit Planning Committee. The team will work in close coordination and are essential for a successful summit. We need people for the following roles which will be active from now until the Summit. We want to be responsive to opportunities and respond to changes that could happen between now and February 2019. Therefore, we will be agile and the roles might evolve over time.
1.1.1. Direct Marketing Manager and Team
- Market researchers: will research and provide information on organizations and other points for distributing summit marketing information; with coordinate with sponsorship and Education and Training EXCP Manager. (minimum 2)
- Email communication: will manage email blasts for all summit marketing to PMI members and other entities, in coordination with the marketing team. (minimum 2)
- Chapter Branch/member Summit Liaisons: (Branches-KZN, Cape Town and Gauteng; and in Mpumalanga, Eastern Case, Northern Cape, Limpopo Northwest and Free State)—are the points of marketing, and information for the summit at the branch level and in non-branch areas.
- Manager for Brochures and Program: will ensure the production of summit brochures and summit program
- Sponsorship Manager and assistant: The point of contact for sponsors; actively solicits sponsorships and works with website manager to ensure sponsor logos are placed on website and other chapter media as appropriate.
1.1.2. Education and Training EXPO Manager and Assistant:
The point of contact for all potential exhibitors:
- organizes exhibit space; actively solicits potential exhibitors from project management education and training institutions in the country.
- Works with website and social media team members to create marketing messages on EXPO
1.1.3. Website and Social Media Team Manager:
To work with website administrator and coordinate with others to ensure development and distribution of messages and continual stimulation of blogging on subjects related to the summit theme.
- Social Media Specialist (1)
- Social media and website content creators (bloggers)( at least 2)
1.1.4. Competition Manager and assistant:
To work in close coordination with marketing team, by proposing the appropriate approach and oversee creation of competition for free PM Summit tickets.
2. Acting Branch Lead Cape Town Branch: (POSITION FILLED)
This person is the PMI SA Chapter representative in the Western Cape, is a member of the Chapter Executive Committee, and contributes to the Chapter business plan and strategy. The volunteer, supported by a branch team, is responsible for the development and management of branch services to PMI SA Chapter members within the Western Cape, operating out of Cape Town and engaging with Western Cape-based members and other PMI SA Chapter stakeholders. The volunteer operates under the direction of the President and in coordination with Executive Committee members. The volunteer attends regularly scheduled Executive Committee meetings, virtual and co-located. The volunteer must abide by PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
This is an appointment until 31 August 2018 and the appointee will need to run for election in August.
2.1. Team members for Cape Town Branch:
We are recruiting volunteers to join the Cape Town Branch team. The team under the direction of the Branch Lead are key players in developing and executing the branch annual service plan to engage members to understand interests and to develop programs that excite participation in branch activities. These roles provide volunteers with important leadership roles in running the branch operations. We are recruiting for the following team roles that work closely together. Service is usually for a period of two years but can be discussed with the Branch Lead.
We want to be agile in our approach and therefore these roles can evolve based on the needs of the members in the branch area and structure of the branch program. If you are not available to serve in the branch roles but wish to volunteer for discrete activities, please inform us and we can get you started.
- Deputy Branch Lead: assists the Branch Lead in the management of the branch and acts as Branch Lead in the Lead’s absence.
- Events Coordinator—helps to plan regular member events, including identifying venue, presenters (when required), sponsors for venue and refreshments
- Member Communication/Newsletter: overseas communication with members by email, newsletter; liaises with chapter membership vice president on membership issues.
- Marketing and information: markets branch activities; responds to information requests; role works with assistance from chapter Vice President Marketing and VP Communication
- Professional Development: helps to develop professional development activities with the chapter Vice President for Professional Development; helps to identify branch member professional development interests
- Finance: assists the team in preparation of branch budget and requests for funding from the chapter; works in coordination with Chapter VP Finance as well as branch team
- PMI Education Foundation (PMIEF) Liaison: is the local contact for and works under leadership of the chapter VP PMIEF Liaison who oversees the chapter’s social impact program, utilizing project management learning resources from the PMI EF.
- Academic Outreach: is the local contact for and works under the leadership of the chapter VP Academic Liaison for the chapter’s collaboration with universities and tertiary training institutions to engage with project management students and assist their professional development as project managers.
For more information contact: